Thursday, May 13, 2010

What form of lavender i should use and how for bed time bath for my five month old baby so that he may sleep?

i have started giving bed time bath to my 5 month pld baby as solution for sleepless nights.. its just one day i started, i want to know which form of lavender can be used for bath and how it can be used. i live in new delhi, let me know from where i can get it.. i want him to sleep all nightWhat form of lavender i should use and how for bed time bath for my five month old baby so that he may sleep?
First, try to make sure that he's not allergic to lavender. I found my daughter (and myself)... we're both allergic to it. It doesn't make for a calming scent when you're reacting to it. :)





As for where... I don't know. I'm sorry. I don't live there. But, there is a Wal-mart in Amritsar. I know that they typically carry some main brands that have lavender in them.





Personally, for us, my daughter loves her bedtime bath, then a book with dimmed lights, a snuggle (at 5 months, a bottle) and then bed. The scents and lotions never helped us. Though she DID love to have a massage with baby-oil or any lotion that she didn't react to. I kept my movements slow and calming, and that helped.





At that age, she also had to have her sound-machine so that there was a constant sound, and sometimes needed to be swaddled, and sometimes needed pain medicine for teething. Just throwing some other ideas that might help. :)What form of lavender i should use and how for bed time bath for my five month old baby so that he may sleep?
Just answering your question as a mother, I would be very careful what and how much I would add to bathwater. Your baby may get a skin reaction, then would definitely not settle.





With babies, as they are all different little individuals, you can try bathing before bedtime, but I don't think the type of lavender will matter, just not much and don't get it on the baby's skin.





They tend to make their own routine, but you can keep to a routine of active time in the morning, then quiet time in the evening ending with bath, food and bed. For example, even if they have been up during the night, if say you get baby back to sleep at 5am in the morning, I would have a few hours sleep, but then get up and make lots of noise so they may wake up again and get use the morning being the active time, then lunch nap time, then noisy again a few hours later, then activity before dinner say around 5-6pm, then start the winding down ritual of bathing, perhaps even massage with some unscented oil, not too much (not olive oil, perhaps sunflower oil, or peanut) -then food and hopefully bed..... this may work over time, but don't worry too much if they keep changing - that is their personality coming out! Enjoy your baby, and try to rest when they rest.
I use Aveeno Calming baby wash with lavender and vanilla.


I don't think it's so much the scent that helps with bedtime, but more so the ritual and baby knows the routine. Just keep doing what you're doing, if it seems that baby is enjoying it, and hopefully he/she will sleep more when developmentally ready! Good luck :)
Johnson's makes a great Bedtime Baby Wash, as well as Bedtime Lotion. WalMart makes an equivelant, but it does not suds up or smell as good as Johnson's. I would not try to make one, but buy one that is made already. It is not guaranteed to make babies sleep through the night though. It never did mine...
I use johnson's lavender baby wash. Maybe try giving your baby a massage afterwards...it works wonders!
Get the Johnson's Bedtime Bath at Target or Walmart.
Well I buy Bedtime bath and its lavender. If you find a secret lavender that is going to make him sleep ALL night pass some this way.
we just use j and j's lavendar line, it smells wonderful; and after all the washing and splashing, i think she would sleep no matter what we used...

No comments:

Post a Comment